Türkiye has rejected claims from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office about Syria. Ankara said the statements were meant to justify “unlawful” Israeli airstrikes that target Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

Türkiye’s Communications Directorate stated that the frivolous allegations aim to legitimise Israel’s illegal attacks.

Also Read US Aggression Hits Hormozgan, Bushehr and Khuzestan Provinces in Iran

Earlier on Tuesday, Israeli warplanes carried out eight airstrikes on the runway of Abu al-Duhur Military Airport in Syria’s north-western Idlib province, damaging its infrastructure.

Ankara said the accusations come from Netanyahu’s plan to follow expansionist and destabilising policies in the region ahead of Israeli elections. Like most of the international community, Türkiye supports lasting peace and said Netanyahu must drop his aggressive policies and respect international law.

Türkiye also reaffirmed it will continue working with the Syrian government on a legitimate basis to bring peace, stability and prosperity to Syria and will never allow the country to be destabilised.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *